5 machine embroidery ideas for a memorable Thanksgiving dinner
"So whether you own a business or embroider for leisure, use these ideas as inspiration to expand your Thanksgiving collection!"
On Thursday, families will scramble through their Thanksgiving stashes to adorn their tables with the same old fall-inspired décor they lay out every year. If you’re tired of laying out the same timeworn tablecloth or setting old plates on the table, custom embroidery is your solution. If you own an embroidery machine or a heat press, there’s no excuse not to take your Thanksgiving dinner party to the next level this year!
Because Thanksgiving is all about food, we created a list on how you can transform your regular dinner party into a one-of-a-kind feast. We included some of our favorite Thanksgiving embroidery designs that are guaranteed to impress your guests. So whether you own a business or embroider for leisure, use these ideas as inspiration to expand your Thanksgiving collection!
- Aprons: Who’s the most important person at a dinner party? The chef, of course. Customize an apron for the chef – or chefs – in the family this Thanksgiving. With tons of fall designs to choose from, you can easily stitch “Happy Thanksgiving” or a fall-related icon like a pumpkin, an autumn leaf or a turkey! If you want to spell out an entire name, create a left chest logo of the chef’s name. You can also embellish with pins, bows and embroidered patches. Patches are making a huge comeback in 2016, and they’re perfect for fall. We love this apron from Sister Embroidery Shop’s Etsy site. Here, Sister Embroidery Shop embellished with a magenta bow to compliment the fall green.
- Tablecloth: Take your Thanksgiving feast to the next level with custom table décor! Embroider fall leaves on a tablecloth or even your family’s name across the front. Example: “Smith Family Thanksgiving 2016.” Below is a wonderful idea we found from Deb Mills featured on today.com. For 16 years, Mills had her family write their names with a fabric marker, and then she embroidered over the names written on the tablecloth. You can replicate Mills idea in your own home this Thanksgiving, engaging everyone in the family to start a new tradition.
- Bibs: Let’s face it. You’ll probably need some bibs if you love Thanksgiving as much as we do. Make one for each baby in the family (or yourself) with a clever Thanksgiving saying such as “Gobble ‘til you wobble.” We love the applique on this child’s bib we found on Pinterest. If there’s any appropriate time for a bib, it’s definitely Thanksgiving. We won’t judge!
- Napkins: These embroidered napkins from White Tulip Embroidery’s Etsy site definitely caught our eyes. The classic fall colors with a modern tone are the perfect updated addition to your Thanksgiving table. Bonus: If you really want to impress your guests, you can embroider each person’s name on his or her napkin.
- Tableware: Use a heat press to print a Thanksgiving design on dishes and glassware. Items you can customize: champagne glasses, wine glasses, mason jars, plates, saucers and plenty more. If you want to take it to the next level, you can get inspired with this personalized plate from Pottery Barn. Add to the fun by printing a turkey and including humorous comments from the turkey such as “Elliot, eat pork this Thanksgiving” or “Save a turkey, Chris. Eat pork.” A customized message on each of your guests’ plates will surely leave them talking until next year – even if you accidentally burned the casserole.
More fall embroidery designs you can embroider:
- Autumn leaves
- Native American